Friday, February 15, 2008

stint in kenya

Right now we are at the airport in Nairobi, Kenya. There is a small internet cafe among all of the Duty Free shops, so we decided to take a second to update our blog. Actually, we have a 9 hour layover here, so we have way mre than a second.

For those of you that know me well, know that I am infamous for losing things. Well, this trip is no different. Actually, I like to think it was all a well crafted plan to squeeze a Valentine's Day gift out of Justin. So... since he hadn't gotten me a Valentin'es Day gift, I decided to promptly lose my iPod headphones withing the first 30 seconds of our flight from Boston to London, having put them on my lap, forgotten and stood up... viola headphones gone. After 6 hours of searching, tearing the seats apart and complaining nonstop about not being able to listen to my iPod, as soon as we landed in London, Justin got me my well desrved and skillfully executed Valentine's Day gift, a new pair of headphones, cost 67 pounds... having your wife happy... priceless.

Because we're taking a small plane to Kili, we couldn't check our bags all the way through. We had to pick them up here and then recheck them in for our flight to Kili. That entails going through immigration, buying a vis and then going through customs. However, we met a great person at the transfer help desk that actually went and got our baggage for us from the claim and brought it back to us in the terminal. That saved us having to deal with any immigration and customs! AWESOME! So I have to say in general, it been great so far.

We've got about another 3 hours to kill before we're off. Hope you all are doing well

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi J&D. I just did a virtual tour of the airport. No zebras or lions! Not sure what size plane you're taking to Kili, but I hope you enjoy it. There's something cool about flying a small plane over Africa. Again, I'm jealous.