So we finally made it to Moshi. As we said, we flew a little puddle jumper from Nairobi to Kili. The plane flew at 17000 ft above sea level, and as we're coming into the Kili airport, we see Mt. Kilimanjaro looming in the distance... 2000 ft above us!! EEEKKK! I would have probably done better not seeing it, but it was definitely beautiful.
Once we got to our hotel, we had a quick dinner and then absolutely crashed. I think we slept for almost 15 hours. It was awesome. The hotel we're staying at is decent, not 5 star luxury but the rooms are clean and apparently the beds are pretty comfortable.
After a great rest, we started our day at 1pm discovering the town of Moshi. Being the avid travelers that we are, we decided that we knew exactly where we were on the map and how to get to the city center. I mean the city consists of 3 roundabouts and no stop lights, how could we go wrong? Needless to say, we visited all 3 roundabouts on our way to the city center. Once we got to the center and figured out where we were, we realized that had we turned right instead of left out of our hotel, we would have been there in 2 blocks! YEAH world travelers!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've had similar experiences of wrong turns and unnecessary roundabouts...but that's before even leaving the house! I'll keep reading about your adventures. I'm expecting a picture of a wild lion any minute now.
Post a Comment