Wednesday, February 13, 2008

GGGGOOOO!


Well, almost go. We're packed! Yahoo! The dining room table is back to looking like a dining room table (its been the layout point for all our stuff until now). I can't imagine we've forgotten anything. Actually, I'm wondering how far away from the house we get before we realize we forgot something...anybody want to place a wager? (D=50ft:J=Airport~ 5 miles)
Today was full of last minute purchases, phone calls, car rentals (that was Justin's duty, always wait to the last minute..but it got done didn't it?) and an all out "check the lists, again, again".
Bill was super nice in driving Justin back home after leaving our car at Bill's house. All the snow and rain had flooded the commuter rail so the tidy plan of dropping the car off at Bill and Sarah's and riding the commuter rail back was thrown off a bit...First of many slight plan changes, I suspect!
Tomorrow (which is about 5 mins away) is going to be hectic, travelling through Heathrow w/ only a 1.5 hr layover, then on to Nairobi, where we'll check out the airport for about 10hrs (minus the riots hopefully) until we finally get on a plane to Moshi, where, if all goes well, we'll land Friday night with 2 backpacks, 1 duffle bag, 2 day packs and our sanity!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Have fun you two! Sounds like an amazing trip! We'll be living vicariously through you so I hope you keep up the blog!!!! -Kristina Schoon

Asha said...

Have I told you yet how jealous I am ?? Have such an awesome time...I will be reading your blog avidly :)

Unknown said...

No problem, I was glad to help. Have a great trip!